Estimated number of trade’s workers needed between 2018 to 2022:
Wood trades and interior fit-out: 520,580
Electrical trades and installation: 380,000
Plumbing and HVAC Trades: 329,530
- Industry must collaborate on a range of skills and recruitment challenges.
- UK construction needs to boost apprenticeships and work placements.
- Turning to the challenges posed by Brexit, industry must refresh its approach to training, focusing on recruiting a UKbased workforce.
- Housing remains an industry priority. In last November’s budget the Chancellor pledged to increase the annual rate of housing building from 217,000 to 300,000. This report shows that housing output, both public and private, will expand at a reasonably robust rate to 2022.
- Encouragingly, growth looks more balanced and, vitally, sustainable. This year, although it’s still set to grow faster than other sectors, we are expecting the housing sector to make greater contribution.